After a very busy and successful year in 2022, the Campaign has produced a list of its objectives for 2023, setting out what we feel we can do to create improvements for Chester cyclists. The list provides a clear focus for Campaign members who may wish to become involved in the work of the Campaign. If you feel that you can help in any way, then get in touch through this website, or attend one of our monthly meetings.
- Write a letter to the paper on average once a month
- Issue at least 4 press releases during the year
- Identify key routes within the city centre that need to be modified to ensure easy and inclusive cycle access and/or permeability to, or through the city centre.
- Continue to improve formal and individual contact with the Council Officers and Members for cycling related matters and try to broaden our base of contacts
- Provide comments on relevant planning applications
- Maintain electronic maps so they can be more readily referred to by CW&C Transport and Highways in future programs of work. With a focus on getting closer to Transport
- Carry out activities personally and as a group to promote the Campaign in order to increase membership to 260 members at end September and 240 remaining by year end, including 10 Corporate Members.
- Actively participate in the Integrated Sustainable Transport Taskforce in support of Working Group activities, including implementation of the LCWIP in the Chester area
- Working with CW&C, Sustrans, schools and the wider community to promote ‘mobility inclusive’ cycling in Chester: focused in particular on accessible cycle hire, removal of inappropriate barriers, mapping and promoting access points, charging points and other critical features, and raising awareness of wheels as active mobility aids.
- Define and promote a suitable program of Family Cycle Rides and Cycle Buddy support during 2023
- Organise and publicise a campaign to report and follow-up on the lack of cycle path maintenance and involve councillors in follow-up.
- Increase Social Media engagement across all channels by 15%, within a Communication Strategy to be developed.
Periodic updates about activity in each of these areas and progress towards achieving these objectives will be published in our 2023 electronic newsletters. These newsletters will be sent to all members who have supplied us with their current email address. If your email address has changed since you joined, then contact us and tell us your current email address so we can keep in touch.
Here are some ideas about what you can do now:
- Write a letter to the Chester Chronicle or the Standard about a cycling related matter.
- Comment on planning applications on the CWAC website where cycling features have not been included in the application.
Join us for one of our meetings if you would like to find out about other ways of taking action.